While in the pharmaceutical industry, the tug-of-war between the generic and branded drugs never seems to come to an end, we still believe that our customers should never confront the fog of confusion when it comes to their health care. Here is a list of pros of generic drugs.
Advantages of Generic Drugs
One of the best advantages of generic drugs is its affordability. We’ll tell you why it is so cost-efficient. Since the generic drugs need not invest in any initial discovery and patent processes of the drug, which makes it affordable as ever. So whether you buy online generic drugs or at the local pharmacy, it will cost just the same, but affordable.
- Bioequivalent to the core.
When you visit a well-known hospital for treatment of some sort, they will always recommend you branded medicines which will definitely burn a hole in your pocket. On the other hand, generic drugs which are formulated as tantamount like the branded drug, it costs you less and does the same treating effect as the branded drug prescribed by the hospital.
- It is approved by the FDA.
When it comes to the FDA, there is no going back. When the organization that lays stringent guidelines and staunch research approves generic drugs as safe, there’s nothing more you can ask for.
- It is healthy for your health.
The generic drugs are approved by the FDA. The researchers also claim that outcome of consumption of generic drugs is quite identical to the outcome that is generated by consuming branded drugs.
Here’s what you can do if you are still confused about which one to prefer amongst the two:
- Consult with your health practitioner for clearing up the confusion. Also, make sure that s/he enlightens you about the active and non-active ingredients. Also, ask him/her about the active ingredient you need in order to be cured. The active ingredient you need for treatment is printed on every label. This is a foolproof way to lessen the confusion about the same.
- Be consistent with the generic brand you are using. When you try consuming multiple generic brands it will add more to the confusion.
- Make timely appointments with your health care professional in order to have a track of the medicines you are using, just to make sure that they contain the active ingredient you need to cure you.